RELIGIOUS TOUR IN ZAGORI VILLAGES
Zagori is a region in the Pindus mountains in Epirus. The name Zagori is Slavie and means "beyond mountains". It is a world-renowned for its 46 traditional and picturesque villages, called Zagorohoria.Zagori also contains one of the deepest gorges in the world, according to the "Guinness Book of the Records", the Vikos Gorge. It a place that combines stunning nature, wild beauty, and cultural heritage. During Ottoman occupation the area reached its economic and intellectual peak. In this era, a large number of significant religious monuments were founded in Zagori.
Minimum Number of People: 5 pax
Professional Religious Guide: Katerina Ioannidou
We will visit the following remarkable monuments with free entrance, accompanied by a tour guide:
- The Monastery of Nativity of Theotokos, Aspraggeli
- The Monastery of Evagelistria, Ano Pedina
- The Monastery of Saint Paraskevi (Monodendri
- The Triune Church of Saint Georgios, Negades
* There will be a stop for coffee and food (not included in the cost)
Departure: at 9.00am from the central square of Ioannina or from the hotel in Ioannina.
Returning to Ioannina: at 17.30pm
Cost per person: 42€ (transfer is included/out of the city)